BLAU terra active soil black is an active substrate that naturally lowers the pH value (will be lowered to 5.5-6.5 depending on the parameters of the water you use) and water hardness (below 2). As the pH remains stable using the Terra Active soil, optimal conditions are created for soft water plant and animals like Caridina shrimp.
- Creates optimal conditions for rooting and growth of aquatic plants
- Perfect living & breeding conditions for freshwater shrimp
- Recommended for fish which need mildly acidic water
- Creates slightly acidic water conditions, optimum for plants and aquatic animals
- Does not release ammonia into the water, avoiding algae outbreaks
- Decreases water hardness (KH)
- Long-lasting granule maintains its quality longer and does not breakdown
- Provides essential plant nutrients for a long period of time
- Crystal clear water due its ability to capture and retain water colloidal particles
- Do not rinse before use.
- Spread the substrate evenly, or create your desired layout
- Fill the aquarium with water carefully and slowly.
Note: In order to avoid stirring the substrate when filling the aquarium, it is recommended to use a small plate or something comparable to break the water stream.
- BLAU Terra Active soil is also suitable in combination with under-gravel filters.
- Do not use if you plan on keeping fish that like to dig or burrow in the ground. With fish like that, permanently turbid water might be the result.
- Not suitable for fish, shrimps or plants that need a high (>7) pH.
- A slight turbidity of the water after setting up the aquarium is normal and will be filtered out shortly after the setup is complete.
- A few hours after the setup is complete, the water will become crystal clear.
- Keep the bag closed, prevent the substrate from drying out.